From Radio Automation to RDS, Shoutcast, Icecast, TuneIn, HTTP, WordPress and more!
MetaRadio is easy to use software that manages Now Playing song metadata for your radio station. Send your metadata anywhere!
With MetaRadio, you can take the live now-playing data from your radio playout/automation systems, and send it to WordPress, RDS RadioText+ Encoders, Shoutcast, Icecast, TuneIn Radio, DAB, DAB+, HD Radio, Generic HTTP GET/POST Endpoints, Mobile Apps, and more!
It can be hard to setup live song metadata for your radio station. Often, it requires custom scripting, expensive add-ons, or secret handshake with someone who has done it all before. Many stations didn’t bother – throwing it into the engineering ‘too hard’ basket. These stations missed out on another opportunity to connect with their listeners and provide a valuable service.
MetaRadio takes our years of experience building and configuring now-playing systems, and makes the setup process super simple. Our software hides a lot of complexity, providing you with a simple way to manage now-playing data transmission. It will run on almost any Windows 64-bit PC, and you can get it up and running in under 15 minutes.
It’s a low-fuss solution that links your radio automation system to over thirty five different output systems.
Not only is MetaRadio easy to use, but it also comes with excellent support. You can contact us anytime, and we’ll try out hardest to find a solution to your metadata problems.
- Supported Systems
- Technical Support & Setup Instructions
- Register for Free Trial
- Purchase MetaRadio
- Usage Scenarios
- Release Notes, Downloads, & License Reissue
Systems Supported by MetaRadio
MetaRadio currently supports the following radio automation systems:
- ACR Cloud
- Dalet 5.1e (Update 22)
- Dalet Galaxy
- Jazler RadioStar 2
- OMT iMediaTouch
- PlayIt Live
- ProppFrexx OnAir
- RCS Zetta
- RCS NexGen
- Rivendell 3
- SAM Broadcaster
- Simian Pro 2.3
- StationPlaylist Studio Pro
- Scott Studio SS32
- WideOrbit Radio Automation
- ZaraRadio 1.6.2
- More systems are being added all the time – make your request known, or if you know how to customise your automation system, you can use a generic template
MetaRadio currently supports the following data outputs:
- HTML-only Song Finder
- RDS Encoders:
- UECP RDS Encoders
- 2wcom C02 RDS Encoder
- Audemat FMB80 & FMB50
- Audessence RDS Encoder
- BreakawayOne RDS Encoder
- Deva SmartGen RDS Encoders
- Ecreso RDS Encoder
- Inovonics RDS Encoder
- Pira RDS Encoders
- StereoTool RDS Encoder
- Nautel RDS Encoder
- UK’s Radioplayer
- Fraunhofer DAB/DRM ContentServer
- Paneda DAB
- iBiquity HD Radio
- TuneIn Radio
- Telos Z/IP Stream
- Orban Opticodec
- BreakawayOne HD & FM Cores
- Streamguys Icecast
- All In Media Radio App API
- Generic HTTP GET & POST endpoints
- Generic JSON files (+ FTP Upload)
- Generic TCP Output
- Custom Text Files (+ FTP Upload)
- WordPress Onair2 Theme
- Accept now-playing song data from 21 different radio automation systems (or use a generic template to connect to many more).
- If you don’t have an automation system, use ACR Cloud music fingerprinting technology
- Send song data to RDS Encoders, DAB+, Internet Streams, WordPress, flat files, and more
- Use RadioText+ on many RDS Encoders (many new cars require this to display your data)
- Automatically substitute unsupported characters with ASCII characters on RDS outputs – especially useful for many European and South American broadcasters who have a few extra letters in their alphabet
- Exclude assets from certain categories/types in your automation system
- Create a Song History page for your listeners, either in plain HTML or with WordPress
- Create a Web Radio Stream Player, with the click of a button
- Show the currently playing song, with automatically discovered album art
- Show the most recently played songs, with automatically discovered album art
- Embed a Song History tool on your site
- Create and display a Program Guide
- Access to a JSON API Endpoint to access data about your station (name, URLs, track data, program data, etc.). Use it to integrate with your own systems!
- Accept data input from either your automation system (via MetaRadio Standalone), or via fingerprinting with ACR Cloud
- Configure a MetaRadio Mobile App on the fly (additional purchase required)
Who Can Use MetaRadio?
MetaRadio delivers benefits to almost all different types of broadcasters – from the smallest internet broadcasters, to the largest national network. We deliver the same fantastic functionality, and easy setup process, to all types of broadcasters.
MetaRadio for Internet Radio
Send realtime song data to WordPress, Icecast, Shoutcast, TuneIn Radio, and RadioPlayer. This will help increase your presence in internet radio directories, helping new listeners to discover you. It will also help you deliver a world-class experience on your WordPress website.
MetaRadio for LPFM/LPON Operators
Find a brand new audience by having your station name and current song title show up on the in-car receiver of compatible radios. You’ll appear on radios the same as the big boys!
MetaRadio for Community Radio
Aid music discovery, and increase audience engagement with your website, with a dedicated Song History page on your WordPress website. Listeners can select the day & time to see exactly which songs you played.
If you don’t currently use WordPress, we support generic HTTP POST & GET requests – enabling your developers can build their own REST API without having to mess with your automation software.
MetaRadio for Commercial Radio Networks
Whether you have one FM station, or a whole network, you can use MetaRadio to send Now Playing song information from your playout/automation systems directly to a fleet of disparate RDS encoders (we support many different brands of RDS encoder).
Increase RDS RadioText receiver support with RadioText+ – MetaRadio sends specially formatted data strings to most RDS encoders to allow seperate display of song/artist on compatible receivers.
There are also generous discounts available for bulk orders. We have customers as small as one station, and as large as state and national networks. Coming from a broadcast engineering background, we speak your language and can help solve your metadata woes.
MetaRadio for RDS Encoder Manufacturers
MetaRadio makes it easy to support data from a whole variety of radio automation systems. Consider bundling MetaRadio with your hardware RDS Encoders to increase compatibility (and hopefully sales!).
MetaRadio for Automation System Developers
No one wants to finish off the release of their latest automation system update, only to realise they need to integrate with yet another third-party system.
We take the hard work out of integrating with all these different sorts of systems. You can focus on the audio, and we’ll focus on delivering the metadata where it needs to go.