March 26, 2018 / Support Centre/
Want to send Now Playing song data from StationPlaylist Studio to your RDS Encoder, Website, or Streaming Server? MetaRadio makes this possible. This article explains the setup of MetaRadio and StationPlaylist Studio.
For other setup guides, see out MetaRadio Support Site.
Configuring StationPlaylist Studio
StationPlaylist Studio allows you to send Now-Playing data via a TCP connection over a network. MetaRadio is capable of receiving this data. MetaRadio provides a dedicated XML template specifically for StationPlaylist.
StationPlaylist sends XML data from your automation computer, TO MetaRadio on any other networked computer. To achieve this, you must have a TCP Port opened in your firewall between StationPlaylist and MetaRadio. MetaRadio automatically adds a Windows Firewall exception, so you will only need to add a firewall rule if your two computers are on different networks/subnets/VLANs.
MetaRadio is also able to run on the same computer as StationPlaylist Studio.
To setup StationPlaylist, follow this process:
- Open StationPlaylist Studio
- Click View > Options in the top menu bar
- Open the “Now Playing” screen, and then click on the “Stream Metadata” tab.
- In the bottom ‘Output via TCP/UDP’, fill out the following details:
- IP: Enter the name or IP Address of the computer running MetaRadio, or 127.0.0.1 if it’s running on the same PC
- Port: Select any unassigned TCP Port Number. Each Station in MetaRadio must have its own port number. If in doubt, enter ‘3601’.
- Template: Paste the XML Template
- Save your changes in StationPlaylist
That’s it for the StationPlaylist side of things. Now we can move over to the MetaRadio setup.
Configuring MetaRadio to talk to StationPlaylist Studio
- Open MetaRadio Config
- Add a New Station
- Select “StationPlaylist” from the dropdown menu
- Enter the IP Port Number as specified in StationPlaylist
- Enter the Datetime Format for your system.
- Save Station Details, and Save the global settings in the app.
- Restart the main MetaRadio app and confirm StationPlaylist is connected. You should see the TCP Port Number, and information displayed whenever the current on-air song changes.
Now that MetaRadio is receiving data from StationPlaylist, you can configure any outputs (RDS Encoders, Website, Streaming Servers, etc.) as needed.
Get the Broadcast Technology Newsletter
Sign up for the email newsletter about media and technology. Sent irregularly. No spam.