August 24, 2018 / Support Centre/
Want to send Now Playing song data to the Radioplayer Worldwide player, from your Radio Playout/Automation system? MetaRadio makes this possible. This article explains the setup of MetaRadio and Radioplayer, allowing the current song title and artist to be displayed within any official Radioplayer app.
Radioplayer originated in the UK, but is also now in Canada, Austria, Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Ireland, Norway, Peru, and Switzerland.
- MetaRadio installed on your PC, with at least one station (automation system) configured
- Membership with your country’s Radioplayer organisation
- A Radioplayer Ingest Username, Password, and Radioplayer Station ID
- Access to the internet from your MetaRadio computer
Configuring Radioplayer Ingest
- Open MetaRadio Config from the Start Menu on your computer
- Select your Radio Station, and press “Edit”
- Press “Add Output” and select “Radioplayer” from the drop-down menu
- Enter the required details for your Radioplayer station (explanations below the screenshot)
- Radioplayer Station ID: This is a number provided by Radioplayer
- HTTP Auth Username: This is the ingest username supplied by Radioplayer
- HTTP Auth Password: This is the ingest password supplied by Radioplayer
- Radioplayer Ingest Domain Name: This is the domain name used by your country’s Radioplayer ingest website. We have a list of all known domains at the bottom of this article. Do not include anything such as ‘http://’ or a URL path.
- Press “Update Output Details” and “Update Station Details”
- Close and save your changes in the MetaRadio Config app
- Restart the main MetaRadio app, and check to see if the correct data appears on the Radioplayer website next time a song plays
Radioplayer Ingest Domain Names
This table shows all known Radioplayer Ingest Domains.
|Country/Region||Radioplayer Ingest Domain|
These domains may change over time. Contact your local Radioplayer organisation for the latest details.
Get the Broadcast Technology Newsletter
Sign up for the email newsletter about media and technology. Sent irregularly. No spam.