Want to send Now Playing song data from RadioBOSS to your RDS Encoder, Website, or Streaming Server? MetaRadio makes this possible. This article explains the setup of MetaRadio and RadioBOSS.
For other setup guides, see out MetaRadio Support Site.
RadioBOSS can output an XML file to your hard-drive, or network share. This is configured via the “Reporting” section of the mAirList Studio setup screen. RadioBOSS already has an in-built XML template, which we will use.
Here’s how to setup this XML output in RadioBOSS:
- Open RadioBOSS
- Open the “Options” screen via the “Settings” menu in the top toolbar
- Select “Reports” from the left menu
- Enable the option “Save title of the track being played into a file”
- Specify a file path to save your XML file to (e.g. C:\MetaRadio\nowplaying.xml) – this path must be accessible by MetaRadio, so you may like to put it on a network share if MetaRadio is running on a different PC
- Specify the format “XML”
- Save your changes
- Play a file in RadioBOSS, and check your XML file is created
Configuring MetaRadio to talk to RadioBOSS
- Open MetaRadio Config
- Add a New Station
- Select “RadioBossXML” from the dropdown menu
- Enter the full path to your now-playing XML file (e.g. C:\MetaRadio\nowplaying.xml) from RadioBOSS
- Save the Station Details and close the Configuration app
- Restart the main MetaRadio app and confirm RadioBoss is connected. You should see the full filename, and information displayed whenever the current on-air song changes.
Now that RadioBoss is connected, you can configure any outputs you would like (RDS Encoders, Websites, Streaming Servers, etc.).
Get the Broadcast Technology Newsletter
Sign up for the email newsletter about media and technology. Sent irregularly. No spam.