Want to send Now Playing song data from mAirList Radio Automation to your RDS Encoder, Website, or Streaming Server? MetaRadio makes this possible. This article explains the setup of MetaRadio and mAirList.
For other setup guides, see out MetaRadio Support Site.
mAirList can output an XML file to your hard-drive, or network share. This is configured via the “Logging” section of the mAirList Studio setup screen. mAirList provides a special XML template with all the information it needs.
Here’s how to setup this XML output in mAirList:
- Open mAirList Studio
- Open the “Control Panel” via the “mAirList” logo button in the top toolbar
- Select “Logging” from the left menu, then press “Add” and select “XML file”
- You can now configure the XML file output using our guide below:
- Filename: Set this to a XML file path on your local hard drive (or a network share you can write to). MetaRadio will need to have read access to this file.
- Scope: Enable “Execute when starting an item”, and disable “Execute when stopping an item”
- XML Template: Paste our special Now Playing XML template into this field
- In the “Item Types” tab, disable all options except “Song”
- Save your changes
- Play a file in mAirList, and check your XML file is created
Configuring MetaRadio to talk to mAirList
- Open MetaRadio Config
- Add a New Station
- Select “mAirListXML” from the dropdown menu
- Enter the full path to your XML file NowOnAir.xml
- Enter the DatetimeFormat “%d/%m/%Y %I:%M:%S %p” (without the quotes)
- Save the Station Details and close the Configuration app
- Restart the main MetaRadio app and confirm MetaRadio is connected. You should see the full filename, and information displayed whenever the current on-air song changes.
XML Template for mAirList Now Playing Data
Get the Broadcast Technology Newsletter
Sign up for the email newsletter about media and technology. Sent irregularly. No spam.