March 26, 2018 / Support Centre/
Want to send Now Playing song data from Jazler RadioStar 2 to your RDS Encoder, Website, or Streaming Server? MetaRadio makes this possible. This article explains the setup of MetaRadio and Jazler RadioStar 2.
For other setup guides, see out MetaRadio Support Site.
By default, Jazler already outputs Now Playing data in a format that MetaRadio understands. To check these settings, follow this process:
- Open Jazler Studio
- Click “Control Panel” in the bottom right corner of the screen
- Select “Options”, then “Internet File Updating Services”
- If you’re not using any other internet file system apart from MetaRadio, disable the FTP Service, and disable the setting “Put announcement that th eservice is not available in the title field of the XML”.
Jazler RadioStar should now update an XML file in “C:\Jazler RadioStar 2\Exports\NowOnAir.xml“. This is the file that MetaRadio will use. Check that this file exists and has been updated lately. If this file does not exist or is not updating, there may be a problem with Jazler.
Configuring MetaRadio to talk to Jazler
This guide assumes Jazler and MetaRadio are running on the same PC. If not, you will first need to enable Windows File Sharing on the Jazler ‘Exports’ folder.
- Open MetaRadio Config
- Add a New Station
- Select “JazlerXML” from the dropdown menu
- Enter the full path to NowOnAir.xml (this should be either “C:\Jazler RadioStar 2\Exports\NowOnAir.xml” or “C:\Jazler RadioStar 2 Demo\Exports\NowOnAir.xml“)
- Save your changes
- Restart the main MetaRadio app and confirm Jazler is connected. You should see the full filename, and information displayed whenever the current on-air song changes.
Get the Broadcast Technology Newsletter
Sign up for the email newsletter about media and technology. Sent irregularly. No spam.