September 18, 2018 / Support Centre/
Want to send Now Playing song data to your Icecast Streaming Media server, from your Radio Playout/Automation system? MetaRadio makes this possible. This article explains the setup of MetaRadio and Icecast, allowing the current song title and artist to be sent to any compatible player.
- MetaRadio installed on your PC, with at least one station (automation system) configured
- An Icecast server with a streaming mount-point configured (Relays are not supported)
- The Mount Name and Mount Password for your Icecast server
- Access to the internet from your MetaRadio computer
Configuring Icecast in MetaRadio
- Open MetaRadio Config from the Start Menu on your computer
- Select your Radio Station, and press “Edit”
- Press “Add Output” and select “Icecast” from the drop-down menu
- Enter the required details for your Icecast stream
- Mount Point: The mount for your Icecast source (e.g. ‘/mystream‘)
- Icecast Address: The address of the server, not including the mount name (e.g. ‘http://stream.mediarealm.com.au/’)
- HTTP Auth Username: Set this to ‘source’ (alternatively, you can set it to ‘admin’ if you know the main admin password for the whole server)
- HTTP Auth Password: The password for your Icecast mount. This is the same password you put into your streaming encoder.
- Press “Update Output Details” and “Update Station Details”
- Close and save your changes in the MetaRadio Config app
- Restart the main MetaRadio app, and check to see if the correct data appears on the Icecast admin page next time a song plays
Get the Broadcast Technology Newsletter
Sign up for the email newsletter about media and technology. Sent irregularly. No spam.