Want to send Now Playing song data from Dalet 5.1e Radio Automation to your RDS Encoder, Website, or Streaming Server? MetaRadio makes this possible. This article explains the setup of MetaRadio and Dalet 5.1e.
For other setup guides, see our MetaRadio Support Site.
- MetaRadio installed on your PC
- Dalet 5.1e (Update 22) installed on your PC
Configuring Dalet 5.1e
Dalet 5.1e can output an XML file to your hard-drive, or network share. This is configured the Dalet.ini file.
Here’s how to setup this XML output in Dalet 5.1e:
- Open your Dalet.ini file in Notepad
- Find the heading [NAVIGATOR]
- Add the following text below the [NAVIGATOR] heading:
(You should change the path to a folder that exists on your computer or local network.)
- Restart Dalet
- Play a file in Dalet’s Navigator, and check your XML file is created and populated with the correct details
Configuring MetaRadio to talk to Dalet
- Open MetaRadio Config
- Add a New Station
- Select “Dalet51XML” from the dropdown menu
- Enter the full path to your XML file onair.xml
- You should be able to leave the DatetimeFormat blank
- Save the Station Details and close the Configuration app
- Restart the main MetaRadio app and confirm MetaRadio is connected. You should see the full filename, and information displayed whenever the current on-air song changes.
You can now configure your outputs in MetaRadio.
Get the Broadcast Technology Newsletter
Sign up for the email newsletter about media and technology. Sent irregularly. No spam.