May 20, 2018 / Support Centre/
Want to send Now Playing song data to BreakawayOne’s in-built RDS Encoder, from your Radio Playout/Automation system? MetaRadio makes this possible. This article explains the setup of MetaRadio and StereoTool RDS, allowing the use of RadioText for Now-Playing song data (BreakawayOne does not support RadioText+ at the time of writing).
- MetaRadio installed on your PC, with at least one station (automation system) configured
- A PC running BreakawayOne, connected to your network
- We recommend you upgrade to the latest stable release of BreakawayOne
Configuring StereoTool RDS
- Open BreakawayOne App
- Go to the Common > System > HTTP Access menu
- On the “HTTP Access” screen, enter the IP Address of the PC you want to run MetaRadio on
- On the “HTTP Access” screen, take note of the “HTTP Port” number (the default is ‘8282’)
- Open MetaRadio Config from the Start Menu on your computer
- Select your Radio Station, and press “Edit”
- Press “Add Output” and select “RDSBreakawayOne” from the drop-down menu
- Enter the IP Address of your computer running BreakawayOne and TCP Port Number (e.g. 8282) you noted in Step 4. You will also need to enter the “FM Core Number”. BreakawayOne allows multiple Processing “Cores”, and each one is identified by a number. If you only have one processing core, enter the number ‘1’.
- Press “Save Output Details” and “Save Station Details”
- Restart the main MetaRadio app, and check to see if data is sent to the encoder next time a song plays on-air
Get the Broadcast Technology Newsletter
Sign up for the email newsletter about media and technology. Sent irregularly. No spam.